View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2021, 15:50   #13
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
There's been an upturn in house building plus a shortage of both skilled craftsmen and some materials hence price rises.
My son has a business installing bespoke bathrooms mostly involving small select new build developments of 5-6 bed 3-4 bath homes on the Norfolk Suffolk border he is fully committed until late 2022.
It seems that post Covid a lot of people are leaving city centres in favour of a more rural location with big bucks to spend.

Someone's not short of a bob or two. I guess that at least they're spending it. But 3 and 4 baths in one 'home'. Sounds like a B&B more than a home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
The "shopping basket" is based on what the average person buys. Most of us owing to our ages are not average and our spend is completely different to what say a 30 year old spends their money on.
It is to the Government's advantage to have high inflation then the Government debt becomes less in real terms.

Let's call it what it really is, it's not 'Government debt' it's the country's debt. That's you, me, my neighbour and joe bloggs down the road, it's our debt. The pyramid scheme of currency without material backing requires inflation to function - it depends hugely on future 'value' (or should I say devaluation) of the same currencies.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote