View Single Post
Old 29th December 2020, 21:18   #12244
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADO13 View Post
Yesterday the windscreen was replaced at Autoglass, Gateshead. Today I cleaned and vacuumed a couple of carpet mats.

Elgar is making a funny noise. The garage thinks it's a worn wheel bearing. I have to drive to south west Scotland Thursday. I think I'll take the other car.

Is that your Mini Brian?

Yours,

M.
Yes, it's a special edition Soho Clubman model Andrew, I think it will make a nice change from driving the 75, which of course I'm on the cusp of scrapping.

i hope the rain sensor works with the new screen, as Autoglass' parent company have a habit of fitting cheap far east glass.

The rubbish they fitted into the ZT is already beginning to delaminate, and I've had to change the cars coding to delete the rain sensing wipers as the prism has an inclusion in the adhesive.

I can take a spin around the block in Elgar and see what I make of the bearing noise if you like?

If it's a rear bearing I have those in stock and it's an easy enough job to change them, I have a front one too, but I no longer have my press as it was stolen

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote