View Single Post
Old 28th June 2019, 09:47   #73
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Maninder, as a retiree and apart from Euthanasia, whats your government going to do for the pensioners, how will they win their vote for the next election?

Good morning Phil, I take it that one is now off the ignore list?

It appears you may have missed the relevant part of our manifesto. Voting right and counting weight per vote will be inversely proportional to voter age between 16 and 70, having become zero by the age of 70 the proposed pension age.

Currently, we retirees and in particular pensioners have far too much influence on policy compared with say 16-18 year olds who have a far bigger stake in the impact of policies.

Retirement should be about a simple lifestyle, reflecting on the good that the retiree has done in life, instead of round-the-world cruises and other expensive indulgences (other than the few reckless years doumented as part of "the offer".

We have a viable solution for most scenarios - just waiting for society to catch-up.

P.S. We recently went out to a mid-to-upper range restaurant in Bury St Edmunds for a family meal, having combined the key birthday celebrations for my daughter and son. I could not help but notice that apart form my two teenagers, the wife and I were the youngest people in the restaurant which was completely full. It struck me that we the older generation are on a rather selfish trip whilst many of the younger generation are struggling with the basics in life.

Last edited by MSS; 28th June 2019 at 09:59..