Old 28th September 2013, 02:19   #82
BaroqueMoon
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev The Bear View Post
Hello Matthew

Were you able to fit the sensor plates?

If you have fitted the sensor plates please can you advise how you achieved this.

Thank you

Clyde
The sensor plates or reed switch actuators or as I prefer to call them Magnets can all be fitted as shown here. This arrangement means that they are not visible to anyone so just what I was after.

Drivers door (O/S on my RHD car)

The magnet is under the rear of the kick plate. You can just see it if you squint.
O/S passenger door

Once again under the rear of the kick plate.

The N/S placement is a little different. Position chosen to closely match O/S positioning

N/S front door.

The centre of the magnet is 4cm forward of the rear of the kick plate.

N/S rear door.

The centre of the magnet is 8cm forward of the rear of the kick plate. The reason it is not 4cm is that the puddle light body would be pushing against the rear seat leaving impression marks. We don't want that.

I didn't need to remove the kick plates but made very sure that the area where the magnet was to be stuck to was clean and dry. I slid a cloth under it to clean away any dirt then sprayed isopropyl alcohol (IPA) under there and used the cloth again to leave a good surface for the double sided tape on the magnets to adhere to.

The puddle light casing is opaque so you can see the batteries in them if you look closely enough.
I got some rechargeable batteries (1800 Ah) via ebay in Red to match.

With battery cover installed.

They don't look that bright in the flesh.
Hth.

This vehicle was the 82,624th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 6,161st 75 2.5 V6 Contemporary to be made out of 8,214
This vehicle was the 9,755th 75 in White Gold Metallic (code: GMN) to be made out of 12,251 White Gold Metallic 75s

Last edited by BaroqueMoon; 28th September 2013 at 02:21..
BaroqueMoon is offline   Reply With Quote