View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 11:46   #9
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I'm a huge Top Gear Fan, the old series, not the one with Mr Evans.

If you have a front wheel drive car with a limited slip diff then the power can be used.
Naturally this depends on the driver.
However to get the most out of such a car you would have to be on a track rather than driving on public roads to keep things legal.
My accord type r is 280bhp nasp and that puts the power down just fine, factory fit torsen LSD no wheel slip here , and thats a 2.2L 4 cylinder!!! they make a 1.8 B18 that comes with over 190bhp in integra type r form... how rover struggled to make 200hp from a 2.5 v6 blows my mind.

Then on the flip side i had a 380bhp Saab 9-5 Aero and that would spin the wheels even in 4th.
No LSD and over 400ib fit of torque.

Its the torque that makes the wheels lose traction, Hondas dont have any so im ok.
The KV6 isnt exactly a torque monster.

Take the Alfa 3.2V6 for example, thats a FWD motor pushing 260bhp in nasp form.
They can easily be taking well over 300hp with not a great deal of work either, the KV6 is a weak engine making only 188bhp.

I would be happy with 220, and an engine swap would be a fun place to start... i do happen to have an older 3.0 V6 12v Alfa engine sat there, thats 260bhp... i wonder how hard it would be to make that fit.

My main reason for sticking to the KV6 is the LPG setup i would want to retain that.

Last edited by TomRS; 27th July 2016 at 11:49..
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote