View Single Post
Old 30th November 2021, 07:52   #13
Ginger Teddy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer conn SE Auto

Default struggling to start from cold

Hi Simon, thanks for getting back to me , the receipt I have is for a garage local to a village about three miles from me and it just says rebuild of turbo along with replace head gasket etc and was just under £800. I had a mobile mechanic come up from sussex ( on recommendation from club member) to replace head gasket and lasted just over 12 months and had the same done locally under two years ago and in the eight years I have owned it I have only done 18k, the furthest I have driven it is fifty miles and never on a motorway. So it has been a bit of an expensive hobby, but looked after and enjoyed. I fitted the embossed headrests and the grab handle drivers side and the square reflectors on the doors along with extra wood effect from Simon in bulgaria at the time and the rear seats look as if never been sat on and in firefrost red ( no rust) it looks lovely and has been one of the best cars I have owned, but with out a doubt we are looking at several hundred pounds again to last possibly a very short time. It`s so disappointing as It passed mot in sept ,no problem. I am at the moment uncertain what to do about it, they certainly get under your skin that`s for sure, regards Paul
Ginger Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote