View Single Post
Old 1st February 2018, 01:50   #33
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

EXACTLY!

can we not get this guy sacked?

Seriously.. We are paying the wages of people like this, and stupid ideas like this is the best these morons can come up with?

Same goes for the wolly who proposed we should retro fit our aircraft carriers with catalytic converters (at great expense to the tax payers I might add).

Honestly! Why are we the people allowing these kind of idiots to work for us?

Maybe if the people had more powers to call for the dismissal of these sorts of pillocks in positions of authority, maybe they would think twice every time they had one of their 'bright ideas'.

I think they would think far more carefully about policy making if they knew (remembered) who they work for (us) and that we have the power to sack them if we don't like something.

Now that would be a 'true' democracy, putting reasonable power back into the hands of the people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_with_a_screwdriver View Post
If there was a 1mph threshold the courts would be clogged with people contesting due to new tyres have larger diameter etc.
This Chief C*ntstable is trying to make a name for himself, I've heard on the news tonight that other chiefs have said the bloke is a clown (or words to that effect) and it's unenforceable.

What would be better is 3 yearly mandatory eye tests from the opticians, with the results sent straight to DVLA on a central computer, so no seeing = no driving and licenced revoked. Also a mandatory re sit of the driving test every time the photo card licence needs renewing (10 years). Again no pass = no driving. That would clear out some of the rubbish on our roads, like the bloke trying to refill his electric vaping thing whilst he was pulling away from the lights tonight.

I find it ironic that our vehicles, certainly those on this forum over 36 months old, are tested every year for their roadworthiness. However I passed my test at 17 and can keep on driving for another 53 years without any checks for my competency behind the wheel or knowledge of new rules etc.

It's the nuts holding the steering wheel that cause the problems, not speed or indeed velocity as my physics teacher would say, that's something else I remember from when I was 17!
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote