View Single Post
Old 27th January 2022, 18:42   #20
ChestersDad
Still 75less :-(

1988 Defender 90

Smile Roy's okay!

Hello all,

Well I dropped in to Roy's home address today and knocked a couple of times to no avail so I went over the road and spoke to a nice lady (neighbour opposite) who said he was still there just takes a while to get to the door and that he doesn't have his car anymore!

Going back over I didn't need to knock again as Roy was now there at the chained, part opened door.

He took a while to recollect but then recalled a face from the past and we had a short enjoyable chat.

He appears to be fine, a little hard of hearing and not getting about perhaps as well as he did.

He hasn't been on the Forum for a while as he has had to let his car go (and all of his spares!) after a small accident (for which he described as "all his own fault") after which he also decided to relinquish his licence to drive.

Roy volunteered further that he began using the local Bus Service which stops just down the road from his place (one of the reasons why he and Rosemary bought the property in the first place apparently) but that he had a fall on board and now does not use that either so is at home most of the time.

Luckily he has a very good kind neighbour couple next door who looks in on him and gets shopping for him during their own run.

He seems quite happy, loves a chat still and was really "over the Moon" when I told him how some of the guys in the Club have been concerned and were enquiring of him - sufficiently so as to start a thread.
His face really lit up when heard that you guys had done that!

I suggested that, if he is able (and he feels up to it) at some point he might 'pen' a line or two into this thread - dunno if he will.....or can.....

He added that any members are welcome to come over for a cuppa and a chat - "I love a good chat" he said and to thank everyone for their kind thoughts. I bet he has a few stories too!

I have not added too much personal stuff into an open forum but as others have said there might be a bit more info privately.

Best wishes,

PaulN
(ChestersDad)

ChestersDad is offline   Reply With Quote