View Single Post
Old 8th October 2019, 21:21   #11
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
thank you Colvert and T-Cut, really do appreciate the heads up that they are studs. Mike Noc thought they were, sorry Mike for not believing you. I thought they were part of the manifold. Two nuts fitted onto remaining part of stud, lots of penetrating oil being used. In the mean time I have struggled to remove the bolts for the rear anti roll bar... D rubbers need changing and perhaps so do drop links, these parts I have. Alas I have prodded a hole in one of the upper arms so I'll do that do.
Have shot blasted a spare and am preparing that for painting.
I can then go back to trying to remove the stud. I will set about the manifold with a blow torch first.

Am wondering if I should grind the corners off the lower nut so I can get a socket to the upper nut. May have more chance undoing it with a socket then a spanner. What do you think?. I'm still a bit stressed by this incident.

macafee2
If you have several nuts to try to lock together you will always be able to find two that will lock together IN LINE.

As in my previous post. If the thread on those studs is still good DON'T try and remove them. You are just making un-necessary work for yourself.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote