Thread: Startup failure
View Single Post
Old 19th January 2020, 11:04   #1
elnoxx

Rover 75 Saloon

Lightbulb Startup failure

Hi guys,

I have a 2003 Rover 75 2.5L V6 and have been driving it for the past year without any major issues.

Yesterday i drove about 50km to pick something up the car ran just fine with no signs of problems.

I turned the car off and loaded some things in, after climbing back in and starting the car i noticed an unusual sound sort of more deep and rumbling it also vibrated more then usual so i turned the car off again after about a minute of listening.

I tried to re start it right after and it would not start again, it turned on for about 5 sec until the revs fell to 0 and i had to turn it off again.

This reminded me of cold starts i had in the morning every couple of weeks but it would always start right after the 2nd try.

This time it did not i tried about 5-10x waiting a couple of sec between each try and each time the revs fell to 0.

Then i had the idea to wait 10-20min and try again which luckly did work and i drove home fine, it also started fine later that day.

The only thing that was of interest that day was that i filled in fuel before taking the drive and i filled it to 100% which i usually did not do most of the time i fill it to 50-60%.

What was the problem here has someone had the same issue is some part going to fail soon?

Thanks for all the answers.
elnoxx is offline   Reply With Quote