View Single Post
Old 27th May 2020, 19:47   #1
FrodeJ

Rover 75 saloon

Default Traction control Rover 2,5 v6, Help

Hi
I have been searching the forum for quite some time, but have not found similar problems described.
In order to have the car approved, I need to get rid of the alarm lamp for the traction control, and my previous diesel Rover is now nearly dead after 370 K km.
This car is purchased with the problem existing, so I do not know the complete background.
But still a nice car with only 130 K km.

So far I have exchanged the ABS hydraulic unit, with the second hand unit that came with the car.
The ABS alarm disappeared, and the speedometer is now working.
A friend mechanic with his professional Land Rover diagnose equipment concluded that all wheel sensors are working, and the brake pedal signal is ok.
Hi did not reach the Rover specific details, and I don’t know anyone that have the correct equipment to do so in Norway.

The alarm lamp comes on after a couple of seconds when ignition is turned on, and stays on.
From this forum I have picked up that the actuator on the bulkhead that controls the second throttle flap vale on the inlet manifold, should pull the cable at start-up.
This is an initial test of the system, that might trig the alarm.
I have removed this actuator, and found that it turns when applying 12 volts from an external source.
When measuring the actual supply plug, I have found it comes alive at start-up delivering 12 volts.
It seems that when connecting the activator, the voltage is dropping to zero level.
This makes me believe that there is somewhere a faulty connection, or a relay with burn-out contacts.

Could anyone guide me in the right direction please?
FrodeJ is offline   Reply With Quote