View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:25   #1
lightpainter
Posted a thing or two

2004 Rover 75 Saloon 2.5 V6 Conn SE Auto

Default The Perils of getting old and stupid!!

Strange day yesterday been having trouble with my battery because of the shutdown, got caught out at the shops with a car that would not start, battery flat, called Saga breakdown they went through all the covid spiel about calls taking longer to respond to but it only took about ½ an hour to get to me, gave me a boost and got me going, drove home put the car in the garage but left room at the front incase I needed to charge the car later on, locked the doors with the driver window slightly open, but not enough to get your elbow through, went indoors and between the garage and my back patio door I lost my key, only noticed when I returned to my car. Looked every where for them, luckily I have a spare key for the car but unfortunately inside the car (“Stupid “ ) but wait I can get to it through the partially open window as it’s in the cubby hole to the right of the steering wheel got it out onto the floor used a wire through the hole in the fob and pulled it up to the window opening, “bugger” it dropped off the wire and disappeared probably under the drivers seat, got a small magnet and fished around the aria all to no avail, what I didn’t realize that the blade on the key is non magnetic (why is that ?) by this time it was 22:45 so I thought I would sleep on it, fat chance that, I didn’t get off to sleep until 4am up at 6am to resume my search for the elusive key was fishing around with the wire and the key appeared from behind the base of the seat, trying to work the wire though the hole in the fob and thought why am I trying this again all I need to do is get a rod and press the door open button on the fob and voila the car was unlocked !!!
Just a few points to note, you cannot open the doors from inside when the alarm is activated.
If you try to open the boot with the boot open button under the bonnet release handle the alarm goes off!
If you press the door open button on the center console the alarm goes off!
To cap it all off went indoors to get cook my breakfast got my apron from it hook, thought that feels heavy, low and behold my keys were in the apron pocket! (Stupid x2)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
lightpainter is offline   Reply With Quote