View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2021, 15:36   #39
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Great to to so many friends again. Well done Pete for putting the whole meet together. 20 MG Rovers including 3 V8’s, 1 New MG ZS and 1 Ford Focus made the meet.

How about this for perfect timing. As I joined the M3 from the A303 there was Reebs in his Lagoon V8 in my mirrors. But me being the nice chap that I am, I let Paul take the lead and into the meet we arrived nose to tail.

I delivered the various freebies to the members, although Actros was a bit surprised to be taking a front wing home with him. It would appear Trikey hadn’t told him that he was collecting the wing.

My trip up was done in three hours 10 minutes. Some showers.
The trip home was done in three hours forty minutes. We stopped to top up the tank. Horrendous weather all the way home, rain from every direction with gale force winds. And the Bear never missed a beat. We covered a total of 359.3 miles and the mpg was.................. Well if you’ve got a V8 you might as well drive it.

A special thanks to Reebs for my disc’s, will no doubt be a few tears, but that’s what memories are all about.

I’ll post some photos up after I have drained the tea pot, twice.

It was good to see old and new friends, certainly brightened my year up.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote