View Single Post
Old 14th August 2019, 19:43   #5
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

There are some cheap tyres out there but do some research as well.
I am currently running on boto vantage h8 225 45 18 and have been for 2 1/2 years.
I have just changed the fronts over after nearly 18000 miles and they still have 2 -3mm of tread , one was damaged after running over a rock so I thought I would change both...£81.50 fitted.
They are a nice quiet tyre ,not harsh , and are long lasting, made in China and I was told in the same factory as fire stone.
A lot of grip comes from your suspension, ie tram lining and wandering could be tyres but is more likely to be a worn bush or joint.

I drive to my abilities and the cars , no need to tear about.
If it's raining...slow down.

I do between 15 and 20 thousand miles a year and I have not had one incident due to ditch finders , and a lot of those miles are on country roads that are normally covered in mud and stuff.
I personally think people spend to much time looking at ratings and stuff , who knows how much fuel you will save by buying brand x , a lot of various things to consider, tyre pressure, suspension components, state of engine , temperature, rd surface all make it rather impossible to say you will save 0.01p every mile from one brand to another.

Stan