Old 16th August 2019, 09:36   #6
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Walking

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
never been able to cycle 25 miles, that is some distance well done.

plain chicken and runner beans for dinner for me

macafee2
Since I had a bleed at the back of my eye (lost partial sight for a while) last June as a result of High Blood Pressure I have taken to walking every day. Many reasons for HBP of course but part of mine was two fold. Being unfit and overweight. Something had to be done.

Following discussions with the Doctor and family I have made a conscious effort to improve. Since January 3rd following the purchase of a Mi fit band for me from my daughter I have walked at least5km every day. Sometimes two or three times that. Point is every day. Not missed one. Whatever the weather. Once into doing it I have found it very beneficial. Along with big change in medication it has resulted in BP under control and the loss of 7.5 kg so far. Slow process but that best way.

I had become very car lazy. Even taking it to Co Op which is literally a five minute walk from house. Quite ridiculous actually.

Good luck with your challenge. It will be very worth while if you can stick to it. I reckon sticking to a small, realistic exercise target will really help.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote