Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Well done on the weight loss everyone..
Stick at it.
I know that it's not easy. 1 year ago on 1st September 2018 I weighed in at 18st.9lb (118.3kg)..
Today I weigh 13st 8lb (86.1kg).. no clubs or exercise classes (I've always kept active) just a big change of eating habits.
Has it been tough? Yes of course at times but at the moment I'm enjoying going out and buying clothes that I like and not because the clothes on the rail read xxxl and have elastic waist bands or velcro fastenings.
Dallas (Wes) lost a similar amount a few years ago and has kept it off I just hope that I can be as successful.
Cheers Ian
Thanks Ian, and well done.

Also, well done to the other Ian, and to everyone else who is watching their waistline. Its not easy, you really have to be hard on yourself by making some big changes (the changes need to be permanent).

I myself also never joined any weight loss club, I knew exactly what my problem was. I was overeating, and eating all the wrong foods.

On the 6th January 2015 I made some permanent changes, I simply stopped eating all the junk foods and cut-out sugar. I still carried on eating bread, chips, and most dairy, I just watched my portion size's and avoided sugar where I could. I then simply started eating all the healthy stuff, and that included every vegetable in existence. lol

Looking back now, I was like you Ian...
18.5 stone.
44" waistline.
50" chest (XXXL).
19" shirt collar.

... and I have stayed.
12.5 stone.
36" waist.
42" chest (size M/L).
16" shirt collar.

The secret to keeping the weight off... is to avoid all the sugary foods and drinks, watch those portion sizes and only eat when you are hungry (eat to live, not live to eat).

Stick with it guys and girls...

Last edited by Dallas; 16th August 2019 at 20:44..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote