View Single Post
Old 30th July 2021, 12:56   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I delayed contacting them until today, because I wanted an opinion from my friendly local MOT guy, too be armed with, but he was too busy to have a look and time was pressing for me too. We are packing for a two week holiday.

So I rang them just armed just with my own list of complaints and he has agreed that I return it after the hols, for everything to be sorted. No argument and all quite pleasant.

He claimed not to have realised I wanted the front pipes sorted. He thought it was just the rear and had spent most of a day on those - I can believe that, because he dropped the fuel tank to do it. Didn't know how they had failed to address the rust protection of the upper sides of the arms. Hadn't known he had hit anything when dropping it off the ramps - possible I suppose, moving off ramps is noisy.

I made clear I was happy about what he had done, just concerned about what he hadn't done and the damaged under floor.

I absolutely hate having to complain, I would much rather things went without a hitch.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 30th July 2021 at 13:07..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote