Old 10th June 2020, 21:26   #153121
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

[QUOTE=AndyN01;2817825]
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

Next week........It is the turn of the Dual Action Polisher (once I've bought one) and a compound polish to the hull.
Should be fun......

Hi Jeff,

Are you set on using a Dual Action (DA) polisher?

Like several on here I'm also on the Detailing World forum.

I've never worked on a boat - and she looks gorgeous; big respect to you - but - and I may be teaching granny to suck eggs here (apologies if so)...

A DA has a tendency to "bog down" when presented with quite tightly curved panels and/or pressure.

I've a both a DA and a rotary and now the rotary is my first choice.

Yes, you need to treat it with respect and if you get very enthusiastic it can burn through clear coat on a car but it provides a nice steady, predictable polish and it doesn't vibrate anywhere near as much.

There is a "halfway house" in a "forced rotation" machine but I've never used one so can't compare.

Shame I'm not closer as you'd be welcome to borrow my rotary.

As for polishes maybe look at Scholl Concepts and their "Spider Pads" are very good.

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/paint...tary-polishers

https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/catal...oll%20concepts

Hope that's helpful.

Good Luck.

Andy
It’s all new to me Andy so all advice greatly received

The reason behind the D/A was purely that I was told they are easier for beginners on GRP.
Normally this is something we would have done at the boatyard but trying to save a few squids so we can spend on other things for the boat instead.

I need to make a decision soon if I’m to acquire a machine for next week when I’m next up at the boat.
Want to do it sooner than later now I have got her nice and clean

Last edited by coolcat; 10th June 2020 at 21:28..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote