View Single Post
Old 18th January 2014, 13:54   #20
uk_dave&gill
This is my second home

Just a quick update for anyone that might be still interested......

Wondering now if a change of router would be of any use? We have a TP-Link one that worked well before we changed BB provider and were given the EE Brightbox. I'm going to try it later and see if iTunes/Airplay performance improves, but in the meantime:-
  • I've read that you can join two routers together, but not actually sure if this would be of any benefit?
  • As the Denon isn't connecting to the Internet (as in doesn't need to be connected), but is linked to the NAS drive via the local network, and also controlled with iTunes from my laptop, would it be possible to set it up on it's own network, not even plugged into the phone line? If so, would I be able to access this from my laptop and still remain online on the current network?

If suggestion #2 would work, it sort of makes sense to use this to avoid any traffic conflicts!

Also been reading that people recommend routers made by Apple for this kind of application, such as this one but wouldn't want to buy one if it was not going to help or messed up regular Internet connecting!