Thread: Greek Islands?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2021, 07:52   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I need a foreign holiday like most of us do but the thought of going abroad while the world is in the middle of a pandemic is crazy. What happens if you go and get infected with a new strain that the vaccine does not work on? What happens if you get ill while away and there hospitals are full? What if you bring back a new strain to the UK and we go back to where we were this time last year.

We are off to Cornwall in a month, I know it won't be hot but we will have a great time.
Cornwall - beautiful place - and it looks like better weather is on the way as well!!

As for how bad things can get, Bloomberg is reporting that India has 400,000 confirmed infections and 4000 deaths every day. It also goes on to say that these figures are likely to be ”drastic undercounts” due to lack of testing kits, overwhelmed hospitals, plus the fact that even in normal times about 20% of deaths in India simply go unreported.

It seems that political expediency re elections convinced Indian politicians that it was safe to organise huge political rallies

Just how stupid can you get

And now it seems that Hospitals and Dr’s in India have been charged under India'sNational Security Act for sounding the alarm within India’s Health Service over the lack of Oxygen.

They are being accused by the Police of “false scaremongering”.

With all that going on in the world - I think Cornwall has an awful lot going for it.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote