View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 18:01   #26
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Just a quick update, just tried to bleed the system again. Coolant flowed from the bleed screw, tank refitted etc, started it up and it took a few minutes of holding the revs at near 2k rpm before the coolant level rose and began to flow out of the tank. Let it return to idle as I got out to go to the front of the car, level still overlfowing, cap refitted and continued to run at around 2k rpm till the temperature reached 100°c. Returned to idle speed until the temperature remained static (90°c). Allowed to cool for 30 mins. Level is above the "step inside the tank". Started back up allowed to run for a few mins. Heater is nice and hot however.. when increasing revs from tick over to around 1500rpm I can still hear water trickling. Not as much as before I don't think.
I haven't taken the car out for a drive as I can't as yet, need to replace the tyres and replace the aux belt idler pulley as it's rattling. I'm hoping that when Im able to take it for a drive I'm Hopi g the water trickling noise will stop and will help bleed any trapped air. Not sure what else I can do. No signs of any leaks or anything.

Is it normal to hear the water trickling sound behind the dash when increasing the revs?

Rob
No----not normal.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote