View Single Post
Old 13th February 2020, 23:18   #10
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Default Why many are now 'Islamophobic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
It was 2001 Clive when those Muslim extremists ingratiated themselves with their warped fantasies. I looked at our tv screen as it unfolded and initially thought that it was a spoof for an impending release of another Hollywood blockbuster along the lines of Bruce Willis and his Die Hard movies. It sickened me when reality dawned and none more so when when tv news showed rejoicing and dancing among Muslims in the Middle East. Not all Muslims are of that mind but there is a rather large elephant in the room when more than a few of them seem to be reluctant to call out out the extremists for what they are and without caveat. Not in my name or that of my religion should be the outcry and I would not have to be dragged in front of a camera or a microphone to denounce them.
I lived in Saudi Arabia for eleven years, went out tolerant and came back less tolerant. The core problem with the Koran is that some verses specifically incite violence and it's a statistical certainty that a small minority of particularly young people will take those verses literally. The most devout go to pray five times a day. The elephant in the room is simply indoctrination from an early age to believe jihad against infidels (you and me) is a good and noble thing and they will be rewarded by Allah with a large number of virgins in paradise if they are martyred in the pursuit of said jihad!
So if someone asked me if I was 'Islamaphobic', I'd say yes, and I'll remain so until these verses in the Koran are either modified or expunged. If I see a young bearded Middle Eastern person in a public place, I'm not totally relaxed any more. I too vividly remember 9/11 unfolding. The appalling indifference and even support of so many Muslims for that heinous crime was sickening. It also triggered massive suffering in Afghanistan as America took her revenge, but the core problem is indoctrination of vulnerable Muslim children with a middle aged warrior cult fantasy.

Last edited by edwardmk; 13th February 2020 at 23:20..