View Single Post
Old 12th April 2022, 10:16   #39
lida
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5 V6

I returned my Rover to the garage this morning following change of water pump, thermostat, new coolant, cam belt. Running far too hot, which she never did before.

Service manager said that new parts installed 2 weeks ago will have made the car run more efficiently! That rather depends on his definition.

She’s going back on T4. He dismissed the car’s own diagnostics which I have been monitoring for 5 days, and which I had typed out for him.

He did confirm that the vacuum method/bleeding had been used when filling with coolant.

I did remind him that as Rover has been out of business since 2007, the software in his T4 is the same as the diagnostic tool in my car, there have been no updates.

He did not want to take my notes on temps reached over the last week.

I tried to impress upon him that it is NOT normal to drive local distances on FAN.

This morning on my way to them, even though fan had brought temp down to 98 from 102, it did not switch off.

(I arrived just before 10 am and he bitchily told me that the mechanic had been waiting for me since 9 am). Yeah, right.

Last edited by lida; 12th April 2022 at 10:18..
lida is offline   Reply With Quote