View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2020, 20:18   #15
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
In fairness at the time everybody in Wales were under a 5 mile radius from home whereas in England you could have travelled from Lands End to the Scottish border. Anyone coming into Wales from England should have adhered to the 5 mile law from the border but they weren't despite the motorway matrix signs flashing the rules.

Also in England at the time most rules were guidance or instructions whereas in Wales restrictions have been written into law.

All that aside! News conference today has confirmed travel is permitted to support businesses, health reasons, work etc etc. However as I live in Bridgend for now there is no travel out of the county or non Bridgend citizens can come in.

Actually non residents have been instructed to leave.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wal...n-18978373.amp
My post maybe comes across as the Welsh whinging (maybe even slightly), but I felt they were correct to complain, and highlight the situation - I thought it was very selfish of the visitors.

My underlying thought was a little tongue and cheek, in that if it was good for them to come to your country, it will be good enough for you to go to theirs

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote