View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2019, 17:05   #5
larryr123
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Thanks Chuck, I did this once before and it was dry as a bone. This was a couple of years ago when I had a low speed crunch ABS symptom which turned out to be a rear hub after I did all the meter pulse tests on each wheel.

I even cleaned every pin on that plug before reassembling the whole battery compartment - agreed it's a tough one to get to.

As the car is garaged and it's 13 years old I'm pretty confident the plug will be as dry as a bone like last time.

I'm still thinking it must be a wiring chafing or failing sensor, it just puzzles me that sometimes it affects the speedo and sometimes it doesn't and also it often clears itself when you turn off the ignition and then turn it back on again, so the system either does or does not pass the initial self test procedure.

Anyone else seen a similar pattern of speedo affected and then not, in a somewhat arbitrary or intermittent manner?

I'm going to try a new sensor on the front right wheel, anyone have a link that will take me to an original sensor for front wheels?

LR
larryr123 is offline   Reply With Quote