Old 27th December 2021, 00:37   #13186
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
Had a look at the screws in the wheel arches securing the front bumper today but as suspected they are in very poor condition with the heads largely rusted away. I didn't even try to get a turn on them, I will do but I'm 99% sure they will need drilling out.

Ordered new rear light gaskets on ebay as these are leaking.

I've had the car nine years now and I've kept up with servicing and general maintenance but it's come to the point where I have to spend a lot of money putting the little things right or replace the car and I've decided to do the former even if it doesn't make economic sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I doubt that, I have never seen one of those fastners that has rusted away, a good 6 sided socket will have them out I'm sure.

They screw into a plastic insert, so no metal on metal fatigue to worry about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Star View Post
It might be different on mine, which is a facelift model, but it is a Phillips screw so a socket won't touch it. I will have a go at getting it out with a screwdriver but the head looks pretty rotten.
Hopefully you are talking about the same screw bolts on the upper part of the wheel arch liner, they should be six sided bolt screws.

Or are you talking about the middle ones which are indeed Phillips screws, and 99.9% the heads are rusted out but, never mind as you can pop the split bracket off the plastic tag on the bumper and deal with them after the bumper as been removed, or lowered down if you so wish.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote