View Single Post
Old 29th June 2020, 06:09   #4
geo.k23
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Love these units usually made by Alpine. the head unit is just that. The wireless receiver AM / FM is in the boot the CD changer most likely in the glove box the Analog TV turner is in the boot and the sat nav CD reader is in the boot.
The screen dims with the lights going on. I suspect the problem is in the boot and is water related just a guess.
If you give up on it. You will need to run an extension Ariel cable from the boot up to the front radio cubby 6m minimum needed.
If with the radio out you stick your hand deep down into the bottom of the hole centre towards the front of the car you will find a hidden pair of din plugs the brown one and the black one. To receive TV you will need to fit a digital TV receiver to the car.
And boost the Ariel receiver usually one up each windscreen pillar.
You can get a Chinese head unit for about £150 or an Android unit for £200 a double din adapter plate is about £15.
Best of luck fixing the existing unit.
The thing I hated about the sat nav was its inability to work from post code input.
Try going into the screen options and change the colour you should be able to do this from the main menu displayed on the screen at startup.
Keep us all posted on your progress.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
thank you for all replies really appreciated afraid i am not very electrically or mechanically minded hopefully with the information i have received i can get someone who can do the work once again thanks all
geo.k23 is offline   Reply With Quote