View Single Post
Old 30th May 2015, 21:33   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I have never claimed in 50+ years. The past few years I have been with Autonational. Last year after some discussion, I managed to persuade them to drop it from their £70-ish renewal to £49.50.

They sent me my renewal this year at £69, which they insist includes a 25% discount for not having claimed - as they said when they replied to my email, suggesting they might care to rethink the £69 renewal.

Go to their website and I can get it for the same price, were I a new customer.

I can get the same cover from numerous sources for around £50, so I have written to AN a second time, giving them one last chance to keep me as a customer.

Which is better, a loyal customer who comes back every year, out of which they make a small profit, or a new customer who might stay a year, then get another quote the following year and leave? They are mad, MAD I tell ye! They just don't live in the real world.
Does your car insurance offer a breakdown policy? Mine currently is free, as part of the discount rate by my union. However, I was told the value of it was £35 per year, which was what it was last year prior to joining the union. I have always had the cover with my insurance. Only had to use it once, in my last car, when the alternator (and ultimately battery) gave up 12 miles from home. They came, collected me, offered to try to get me started, but I explained it was pointless, and he then transported me and my car home. The offer was also there to take my car to the nearest garage, which was less than a mile away, and me home.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote