View Single Post
Old 25th February 2012, 21:59   #7
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

hi we dismantle 75s and mgzt from jan 2011 til dec 2011 we brought in 396 rovers from all over the country around 100 of these were 1.8 and 1.8t and 95% of the 1.8 came to us with head gasket problems either blown or been badly repaired heads not skimmed) we have even had them in with the same head gasket fitted as the owners have used the old gasket and just put sealer on it, like other members have said you do get the odd good one but you do need to be very careful when buying. i dont like the 1,8 engine but thats me and only because we have had so many in with problems. i have a mgzt t 2.5 v6 which is a 04 plate which is used and abused on a daily basis its had the back seats removed and is used as a van, and has now covered 370,000 miles i will say its on its 3rd auto box lost count on inlet manifolds. front and rear springs at least once a year for mot, i have given up changing the rad fan and fitted a kenlow. but the engine has never stop or let me down. so if it was me i would go for the kv6 2.5 or 2lt and you can pick them up for no money.
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote