View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 08:35   #13
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Not much done on this project yet, but I used some time yesterday to get a better overview. Most brake and suspension parts looks good. The car has only don 1000miles since its last MOT 2 years ago, so there should not be any big surprizes there.

The undercarriage looks to be in a fabulous good state. Rear sills are firm. The car has a sticker in the rear window stating that the car has had an antirust treatment. I contacted the company on the sticker and got confirmed that the undercarriage and body cavities has sprayed with "Tectyl" July -03 and July -06!! That is a great bonus!!

Cleaning up the plenum chamber and rodding its drain was performed and the battery put on charging at the end of the day. It always brings peace to mind when having that task done.

More updates to come, hope I get the cylinder head out of the car during this weekend. That will probably reveal some of its history/state and be the base on how to proceed with the best possible HG solution. I want to go for the N-series gasket, but the state of the liners and cylinder head will decide this.
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote