View Single Post
Old 30th January 2019, 18:17   #273
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Been out on the bus again........................................

.................................................. ....... and got on the right one this time. Still went around the houses but not as much as my first trip. I needed to get to the NatWest bank in Plymouth to sort out some business. I wanted to talk to someone face to face rather than on the phone or internet.
After the bank I had a wander around the town, found the bombed out church.
Named as Charles Church it was bombed in the Blitz in 1941. It was never rebuilt after the war and stands as a memorial to those civilians killed, 1200, in the war.

Found Plymouth market, but all under cover. Not as good as Par market but that's just my view. Came out of the precinct and found my way over to the Ho again. Glorious weather, blue sky and sunshine. No wind from the sea. I followed the road done towards the Barbican. Down past the "Mayflower" steps. But under repair so not able to have a better look. It's believed these are the steps from which the Pilgrim Fathers finally set off in the Mayflower for there trip to America on 6th September 1620.

I carried on past the old fish market, now turned into up market bars, Bistro's and restaurants. I walked past the home of Plymouth Gin. Built in 1793, thought to have been built on the ruins of a Dominican Order monastery, built in 1431, but there is no hard evidence that this is true.
Walked round into Notte Street. Thought I could catch a bus back to the town centre. Kept walking as there seemed to be a lack of bus stops.

And lo and behold I found myself back where I had started by the anchor memorial, Ark Royal. Across the road and I was back where the buses stop. Travelled here on the 5A and returned on a No.11 and it was a double decker. So upstairs I went. Got a few photo's as we crossed the Tamar. Should have caught the No.12 as they stops on the end of my road. But the No.11 turns off before. Still not that far to walk.

Still waiting for the people from AdGas to contact me about replacing the boiler. Nothing heard today so I best give them a reminder in the morning.

So I'm still staying. No Going Back...................................

A couple of photo's.

Charles Church.
Memorial to the pilots at the Ho.
Overlooking the bay.
in the inner harbour.
Over the Tamar from the top deck of the bus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0935.jpg (89.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0937.jpg (136.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0941.jpg (145.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0961.jpg (138.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0980.jpg (140.1 KB, 9 views)

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote