View Single Post
Old 25th February 2019, 10:02   #279
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Hopefully I’m not to blame................

..................................... or has my reputation gone before me again.

Before Xmas my neighbour at No.5 moved out, and now my other neighbour at 5A is moving out on Thursday. She has been there for 6 years but she needs to move as her two boys are growing up fast and need there own rooms. It’s like mine just two bedrooms.

Had a heated disagreement with another neighbour who complained about Allen’s car being parked in the road, Allen is on holiday. I politely pointed out that it was a public road and the car was legally able to park there, if the neighbour would like to check on the internet he would find that “Leafy” was taxed, insured and MOT’d. So not cause anymore grief I swapped “Leafy” over with “Redfive”. I do use her more than the others. I have used Allen’s car a few times on local trips.

Banana is waiting to go into the paint shop and seems to resent my plan of retiring her. She broke down yesterday but thanks to the recovery company and Matt’s work she is now home, under her own power. I’ve spent a few bob on her this year already.
Seems that the “Bear” will be going to a new home in the next few months. Had a chat with a chap North of the border who wants her.
Once she is sold then “Redfive” will also be sold. I will not be travelling back to London much now. So once MOT’d she will be sold.

I’ll go back to my original of just keeping Banana for shows and then just get a runaround for shopping and the occasional trip up to London. Mind you I had that plan back in 2015, so I bought a 400 bhp V8. Well, it used to runaround between petrol stations.

Once Allen is home I’ll get on with revamping the back garden, I need Allen to bring his chain saw round. I’m not allowed to use it, already had a go at killing myself with the hedge trimmer. The rebuilding of the garden will keep me busy and keep me entertained. And no doubt I’ll help Allen out with work on his boats. Plus I’ll going up to Matt’s to assist on the breaking up “my” other car. Yes I have bought half a share in a 75 Tourer 1.8t. The parts that I want will be mainly the engine plus a few other bits. The car is too far gone underneath to repair otherwise Matt would get it back onto the road.

Helped Matt once before to dismantle a ZT. Really enjoyed mucking in. Fascinated by what holds our cars together, so many plastic clips and pegs.

So all in all life is still great down here.
The only time I will be going back to London permantly is when they carry me out in a box, so I can be with my Val back in North London. But no plans to go that way yet, we’ll hopefully not.

Many thanks for reading.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 25th February 2019 at 10:04.. Reason: Rearranging words.
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote