View Single Post
Old 26th February 2019, 07:24   #280
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Punishment for bad mouthing.................

................................... in my day was being sent to bed early, pocket money suspended and if really bad a smacked behind.

I got a note pushed through my letter box last week from my neighbour who is moving, although she denies writing it and blaming her cousin. Basically it said that a council lorry was turning up on Tuesday 26th Feb at 07.00 to collect large items of rubbish. ((At the time of the note I had no idea she was moving)). That had to come out at the back of the house to the lorry at the front. So the parking area needed to be clear.

I took this that they wanted Banana moved so that the truck could get in.
But on Monday this week. My neighbour with the help of family members started shifting large bits of furniture out by either the front door or from around the back. No one knocked on the door and asked to move the car, so I did not bother.
I spent most of the day on the phone sorting out the Multi deal on the car insurance. That also gave me time to sort out paperwork and get the shredder working.

I even changed the sheets and quilt cover on the bed and put some washing on.
I stood by my patio doors whilst on the phone and looking at me from the alleyway was this young lad, I could see his mouth moving but was unable to hear him. Finished with the phone call I opened the door and met with a torrent of abuse from this lad.
He went into one saying how they had to struggle with the furniture as I would not move my heap of old junk, who in their right mind would have a yellow foreign car. Every other word was foul.

I shut the back door and went around into the alley with the note, that was asking me to move my car for Tuesday. When I reached the lad his dad was there, he had come out to see why his son was shouting. I handed them both the note whilst the son started going on about me not moving the car. Dad said he knew nothing about the note but shut his son up.
I asked them both to follow me to the front door where I calmly, on the outside, said all you had to do was knock on the door and ask me to move the car.
This I would have done without any problem.

The son stormed off leaving his dad to apologise to me, I said I rather your son apologised but hey ho never mind. Did he want the car moved? No was the reply.
With that I went back indoors to calm down.
About 30 minutes later there was a knock at the door, I opened the door and there stood the lads dad who came to apologise again about his sons behaviour. He made no excuse why he had sounded off but his dad assured me his son would be serverely punished when he got home. I casually asked what this punishment would be and his dad replied, “He’ll have his Wi-fi allowance for the evening suspended”.

And they call that progress in teaching children to behave better.

So last night I moved Banana across the road to be with Redfive, that should upset that neighbour even more. It was them who moaned about Allen’s being parked there.
And this morning we are still waiting for this council lorry to turn up, time now is 08.22.
So in awhile I take ole Yella for a run and park her back in her spot.

Now feeling calmer I have shared this with you all.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 26th February 2019 at 07:26.. Reason: Found the missing letters for the words
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote