View Single Post
Old 17th January 2022, 13:44   #18
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Well, I am a Royalist. With the rider that our constitution is one of the traditional features that help to keep us from descending into the chaos and discrimination we see in so many other countries. It also, when in formal focus, draws millions of tourists and in so many ways illustrates our history.

I don’t consider, with the exception of the Queen, any of the royal family (including the heir presumptive) to be better than or above me. As there are very few individuals around that have a personal association that could reinforce a valid assumption, people can think what they like. Ultimately it’s not the person, it’s the position. Duty’s an odd thing. Those that are worthy of respect don’t necessarily have to shout how good they are, or make noisy self-adulating claims.

The alleged behaviour of the elder of the two that are in trouble, if proven, is appalling and deserves the strongest sanctions. Anyone else would certainly be in prison and would not have the privileged choice of buying judicial silence. The younger seems as stupid the elder uncle.

Surely the accolade HRH is a conferred title in the gift of the Queen? Permission to divest must have been sought and given. Imagine the sadness that must have caused, especially at such a sad time given recent events. I wonder just how much consideration was given by either of them to that. Nobody’s perfect, but the careless attitude commands neither respect nor honour.

Last edited by wraymond; 17th January 2022 at 15:03..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote