View Single Post
Old 16th January 2022, 22:47   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
No royal family means no protection needed what do they actually do for the ordinary person/people, nowt.

lots of people may want to bow down/ curtsy to other human beings whom think they are above you, but that's not for me they would have to kick the back of my knees before i would bow before anyone.

They should use private security and take their chance as the rest of us do ever day of the week, as we know from different events which the public have be injured.

If Harry or Andrew want to go somewhere, just do not advertise it, just turn up and as said they are not going to be doing any royal duties what ever they are? (really) duties for who, to make them selves look good and want gratitude for it.

I guess by now you have concluded i am not a royalist.
I am not a royalist either, and believe that dignitaries should, at the very least contribute to the costs of their security (I also believe the royals should actually bow to us for their lives of privilege they were born into, but that is a different argument lol). However in the case of Harry, from what I read, he actually wanted to provide his own security which was refused, then as he was fearful for his and his family's security (like it or not, they are targets to nutters out there), and the establishment only allow for official security (hence my pondering of the secret service). The police are obliged to provide security to all, and whilst a bodyguard is one thing, a private armed, protection team with a legal ability to react with violence to certain situations is another (think shooting someone when they are being attacked - and to put that into perspective, a soldier on the streets of NI is legally obliged to shout a minimum of three warnings, even if they have a gun pointed and aimed at them!). But he has, again as I understand it, offered to pay towards the costs involved in this, but this too has been rebuffed. This must be commended if indeed it is the case (even though, some of these funds will have ultimately come from the public purse at some stage).

The easy solution would be to get William to pick him up from the airport , and basically for them to hang out with and stay with William lol.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote