View Single Post
Old 14th December 2019, 14:06   #10
JohnnyBG
Avid contributor

ZT-T

Follow up, my garage will be looking at this on Monday morning and I'll be off to work in the SEAT Alhambra with the dodgy clutch.

They seem to think that parts are not available to seal up the thermo housing. I know there was a problem with the first housing that was supplied not fitting the pump and I don't know the details to this but the housing that's on looks new.

I don't know if they fitted a Rover or aftermarket pump. On Rimmers all the parts are listed as in stock; housing, seal, "O" ring for the pipe. I know that they use Europarts, haven't been on the Europarts site yet.

EDIT - Europarts only list the Circoli (?) pump and housing and the housing (complete with thermostat) is out of stock.

Has anyone else had a problem with this and where were parts sourced from to keep the car on the road? The book suggests that all the stuff I just refitted after replacing the HPFP and the hydramount have to come back off to work on the thermostat housing! Thing is, I would've fixed this myself when it was all apart had I known it was going to fail within 500 miles of new pump and housing.

Just to be clear, I'm sure that the garage will give me a fair crack and they're not only experienced but honest.

EDIT - Haynes refer to the torque as 9Nm for thermo housing to water pump; I bought a natty little 3/8" drive torque wrench for these low value torque settings.

Advice welcome.

JohnnyBG

Last edited by JohnnyBG; 14th December 2019 at 14:25.. Reason: spelling / added info /
JohnnyBG is offline   Reply With Quote