View Single Post
Old 1st June 2020, 19:35   #1
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Default Alloy refurbishment problem - 11 Spokes

I dropped off six 11 Spokes for refurb with a well-known outfit over here last week, asking that they pick the best five to re-work (and dump the worst).

The company have come back to me and said that after the acid dip and blasting processes, the wheels were painted with powdercoat primer and that two of the wheels had substantial corrosion which has resulted in pinholes on the alloy surface. PDF attached includes images they'd sent me of the damage on the primer powdercoat (with the last image being of one of the good ones). I asked that they file down and repair any corrosion as best they could and the chap has advised that they've done that and that another coat of powdercoat primer has been added, but that some pinholes remain (haven't yet seen images following this process). They "don't do" filler and the company has an excellent reputation over here, so I'll be interested to see how they turn out at the end of the week. Their office rep says that the pinholes on these two wheels should be barely noticeable once painted in Silver Sparkle, and that the 12-month paint guarantee will stand as per usual.

Anyone else had this problem during wheel refurbishment?

Cheers,
Karl.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 11 Spokes in powdercoat primer.pdf (196.3 KB, 80 views)

Last edited by The Mighty Quinn; 1st June 2020 at 19:38..
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote