Old 9th April 2021, 17:57   #21
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
You won't have read how he saved people from being bombed or the two airmen he saved then? He was lucky enough to become the husband to the Queen, she pursued him against the advice of the people in power back then. It's true he had many trappings of the Royal life but, he worked well into his 90's and his last duty was in the pouring rain. There are many hangers on in the Royals but this man wasn't one of them, he earned his keep and was a war hero in reality, his award scheme has helped many people have better lives since the 50's because he actually cared enough to do something, that's not the actions of an aloof person. I think that this time you're wrong in your opinion and his service to this country deserves better.

Hi Michael.
It is up to the club owners to turn the banner black, i was and am only giving my opinion on why should it.

Call him an hero and quote his last duty was standing in the rain it's a far cry from working in the mines at the coal face, or working in an hot furnace, and going home to hardly any food on the table, also quote him as an hero to those that were at Dunkirk etc, one being my grandfather whom also had no time for the royal family.

Why they married each other ? who knows, but he was introduced to his cousin the queen at aged 13 she being 8 you can bet your bottom dollar the social climbing Mountbatten's more or less started from then to make sure they got together.

Anyways i am not out for an argument with anyone on the forum over someone whom i never personally knew, what i do know he did not give any
contribution to this club.

What will be will be.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "