View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 14:20   #11
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil1 View Post
I love Honda's, my last Accord I scrapped, broke my heart to do that but she had been sat sorned for over a year and needed quite a bit doing to it. In hindsight I should have put her back on the road but then I wouldn't have bought a 1.8T and found this Forum.

Looking at the cars you own I'm surprised you are bothered about LPG being fitted......

Power and economy is a tough thing to achieve.
Honda Fwiend!!!

I love my ATR, best car i've ever had... had her 7yrs and she's had two shells and about 5 engines.
One was going to be a turbo but i gave up.

The only reason i want to stick with the LPG is i work away in Barrow in furness.
The B5 diesel is in use by the missus as shes having to sell her Mazda 6 MPS due to her job moving her 40 miles away, so she needs something economical for work and i needed something economical to come over here with, but i was a bit bored of the diesel noise, it just isnt for me as good as they are im a petrolhead through and through, so the 190 on LPG came up i couldnt get down to buy it quick enough!!

I was orginally coming over in the RS6 but after a while i really got sick of putting miles on and doing 15mpg average.
Plus its no fun, you dont get to enjoy the car at all because the road is utter rubbish.
Its how my MG love started actually, bought a K1.8 ZT for £400 as it was just round the corner from our house and i thought ideal runabout never ever looked at MG's or Rovers till that day, it was a mk2 in amazing condition and only 64k on the clock.
Drove great, but it was HORRENDOUSLY slow that was to come over to and from here to save cash.
but because you were flat out all the time it was bad on fuel, i fixed a few issues on it, and decided they were really easy and quite enjoyable to work on.

So found a diesel this required much TLC and then came all the upgrades 190 brakes, mk2 seats, braided lines, egr blank etc etc, then liked them so much i kinda went a bit mad, had 5 and 2 breakers at one point.
a Solar red 190 Mk1
Anthracite 190 Mk1
XPG 190 Mk2
Trophy Blue CDTi Mk1
Trophy blue Tourer CDTi Mk1
Starlight Silver Tourer CDTi Mk1
Trophy blue 190 Mk1

And now this mk2 190 SE on LPG.

This ones a keeper though as it truly has got everything.

Probably end up with a few more over the years as I really want to try a 1.8t before I throw the towel in, but I wont ever be parting with this mk2.

Few pics of them dotted around here.

Last edited by TomRS; 27th July 2016 at 14:29..
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote