View Single Post
Old 27th July 2016, 15:39   #15
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price View Post
As the ZT-T is a big old heavy car, with a relatively low displacement engine, if 0-60 in 8.2 seconds and a top speed of 137 mph aren't enough for you, can I suggest that you've bought the wrong car?
Most certainly not, as above i have owned 7 of these and can honestly say i really like MG's as a whole, and the forum folk are wonderful people!

I have silly cars if i want to go fast, my RS6 will do 0-60 is just under 3 seconds and a top speed of 220mph.
You dont buy these cars for all in all power, the reason im asking for upgrades is the mid range on the 190 is diabolical.
Ok i love giving the V6 a blip into 3rd and some revs but sometimes you just want to accellarate gently but at a reasonable pace, something both my 2.5 tdi A4 which only has 150hp
And my Accord (even track spec cams) can do no problem
Speaking of displacement, my Accord is a 2.2 4Cyl pushing 280bhp so i wouldnt say it was particularly that small for a v6, the old FTO managed 200bhp out of a 2.0 V6

I reckon a nice 220-240bhp would just give it that little bit more get up and go that it needs.
if i wanted mental power i'd build it and whack a giant turbo on there like the old 2.8 V6 turbo saab's.
But i dont its a economical car that i have a great love for.

As you currently dont own one then can i say go drive one in 190 form and drive a diesel.. you'll see what i mean about midrane.
A 160 mapped CDTi can even keel a 190.

I was looking at going 200+ on my CDTi but as this Mk2 came up i've obviously scrapped that idea.

Last edited by TomRS; 27th July 2016 at 15:43..
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote