View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 11:56   #18
Jezzer 1
I really should get out more.......

75 V8 Connoisseur SE Saloon: 75 V8 Contemporary SE Saloon and others!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beinet1 View Post
Hi all,

I have to admit that my visit to this forum is less frequent after I replaced my tourer with a LR product a year ago, but I am still monitoring the market for the R75s on a weakly basis. Don`t ask why....
I have at the moment found an object close to me. Its a blue -02 tourer with a 2,5 KV6 and auto box. Full leather interior and all extras. A pretty rare combination to be found in Norway. The car has its issues and are sold as a repair object with the price listening at rock bottom. It has been parked up indoor for the last 4 years due to a failed MOt (rear brakes) and a leaking radiator due to a bird crash. The owner tried K-seal in it, but has clogged up the whole cooling system. No heat in the heater and cooling system gets pressurized. Basically, I think this could be a nice project. A new rad + complete cleanup of the cooling system might do the trick. The rest is probably new brake components to the rear, and a timing belt + service components. Always expect some more issues to be found, but it would be nice to "save" this car.

The issue is, I do not have time or space for it. My common sense tells me to walk away, but there is something with these cars that get under your skin. My V6 is parked away for the winter, so there is space for some 5-6 months available in my driveway. My wife would not be happy.... I have not looked at it yet, but are tempted to...

What to do..??
If you should buy it, check the oil cooler for K-Seal blockage, I have a limo that had many of the same symptoms - pressurised cooling system, no heat etc. We found a marble-sized lump of congealed K-seal in the oil cooler, removed it, and a lot of problems went away .