View Single Post
Old 30th April 2009, 20:10   #23
Dave Goody
This is my second home

15 years of 75s & ZTs now an XTrail

Default My experience

Heres another prev experience, this time with Blockweld [same manufacturer as Radweld, Holts product from Halfords?] Many, many years ago I was a very poor person, even poorer than now. I ran an Anglia van [now thats poor]
I also lived in a cardboard box, but enough of that.
The water pump went, so I walked to my nearest Ford parts stockist [the nearest breakers] and bought a 2nd hand one.
The pump was held on by 3 bolts in a triangle pattern. While tightening up the bolts I snapped one. "Oh dear", I said, "I hope 2 bolts will hold it" Then I snapped another. I said something stronger. There was no way I could afford to take to a garage to have the bolts drilled out and tapped + eating that week. So walked to Halfords and bought 2 yes, 2 tins Blockweld.
I have 1 bolt holding the water pump on and a gap you could slide a knife blade into. I started the engine and filled with water which ran out as fast as I could put it in, I then added Blockweld slowly and the leak got slower, then stopped.
I drove the van for 7,000 miles, then sold it to a guy who had it for a year prior to writing it off. As far as I know it never leaked again, and ran as perfectly as an Anglia van could.
This story is totally true, maybe some of these products are the answer to some of our problems
I know the 998 Anglia engine was a crude unit with bigger waterways than a 75/ZT but products have moved on as well. Dave

When I was a kid I was scared of earwigs because I thought they actually lived in your ears. I was even more terrified of cockroaches!
Dave Goody is offline   Reply With Quote