View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2021, 08:08   #22
Gigagator
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Rover 25, Mazda 6

Also, just another note on something that really peed me off last week.

Someone told my partner that her car (2003 Rover 25 1.4 K-series) isn't compatible with the new E10 fuel and asked her "What are you going to do?"

It transpires they had read some garbage article online by some would be journalist who fancies themselves to be the next Jeremy Clarkson.

Basically, they had clearly looked on the gov.uk compatibility list and seen that the information for Rover is to not use it - which is just the government covering their a**e.

That really annoyed me, because people less knowledgeable will read that and panic, thinking their perfectly serviceable Rover is completely incompatible with the new fuels at the pump.

I reckon careless, appallingly researched 'journalism' like that could bring a lot of MG Rover branded vehicles into the scrapyard despite being perfectly serviceable and running fine on E10.

I would also like to thank Dorchester2 for his account of his experience running these cars on higher ethanol blend fuels over the years.
It's your posts on the topic here and on another MG Rover related forum that put my mind at ease on this topic.

The fact you have run your K-series engines on E85 fuel for years with no negative side effects just reinforces the fact that nobody has anything to worry about.

Last edited by Gigagator; 2nd September 2021 at 08:12..
Gigagator is offline   Reply With Quote