clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75driver View Post
I use the 6.5 L sealy pump.

https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/563...luid-extractor

Not sure what the pumping rate is, but, as mentioned above, while the oil is pumping out, I change the air filter.
Only possible downside of the 6.5 L version is I stop half way through to empty contents into an old oil drum for disposal, as it may be risky to assume the 6.5 L pump container will hold the full oil capacity of a diesel.
Not really a problem for me, as I’m usually not in a race.😉
I like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have fairly jumped in price!

I use mine in the same way, I normally find however, that the vacuum reduces at around 4 litres, so would fill the oil drum at that point.

I found it useful too, for brake fluid (with different pipe), power steering, and
even used it in the intercooler - although there wasnt much in there, but it did suck a little out.

I bought one for my father a few years ago for his fish tank. He found it very useful, however, it did break down with corrosion, but I dismantled it, removed a rusted spring, and it seemed to work again lol.

If I need to replace it, there are a number of non branded ones, that i would look at first, as they are half the price, but also have quite substantial hose holder (which mine doesnt).

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote