Thread: snow down south
View Single Post
Old 26th January 2021, 11:24   #15
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
Anybody got a set of ice skates for a Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, the mud and snow tyres just wont cut it today. Plod don't like it when I put full studded ice tyres on the car. to be honest I haven't owned a pair of fully studded tyres since I retired even then the sidewalls cracking were the reason for changing the tyres on these 15" crowns when I did have them. there were only 30 days every 6 or 7 years that they were needed. Not worth having them any more, and We are not going anywhere anyway, apart from a trip to collect our weeks shopping once a week at the supermarket. Lovely weather.
Well, studded are not legal in the UK due to our mild weather. You will get people putting them on either on a forecast of snow/ice or at a certain time of the year. For instance I put on my winter tyres middle of December and take them off end of February. However. it is allowable to use them in Scandinavia and some parts of the European continent simply because they have known periods of snow and ice covering. In fact mandatory. A person from them parts may chip in with more precise info.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote