Thread: Hi-line issue?
View Single Post
Old 13th October 2020, 21:28   #4
stevenkeyte
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 auto saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffa75 View Post
Thanks for the great response, I know the light remains on solid, but will check how long for tomorrow. One minute it will read and then freezes and can only be used if you turn off the ignition. Turning the ignition back on the screen displays a different menu lay out without the GPS option even visible. (This menu looks like an older version of the menu) if that makes sense.

Wonder if I'd be able to get a good working drive, as I take it the MK3 drive is quite old now.

Thanks
Rob
If the display changes on the bord monitor (the dash display) to a low resolution type display, which from memory is sort of blue and grey colour, that could be an issue with the video module in the wheel well, the satnav has a 'fall back' display should the primary video output fail, usually as a result of water ingress into the video module, another question is, does the radio still work i.e. do you still get audio, whether CD, radio or satnav voice direction? if the answer is no, this again points to water damage to the radio module, which is also in the spare wheel well.

If you want to borrow a good drive, I have a couple here, I could post you one over to try, at least that'll give you the opportunity to eliminate a faulty CD / satnav computer, but I'd also have a look at the two modules in the spare wheel well to check for any signs they've been for a swim in the past,

Steve

Born 22nd February 2005, 221st of 239 Starlight Silver 75 Contemporary SE 2.5 V6 automatic saloons built
stevenkeyte is offline   Reply With Quote