View Single Post
Old 24th February 2019, 16:43   #30
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Anyone who advocates train travel as a viable alternative to driving, needs to try sitting in coach e of the kings cross to Newcastle at this moment in time
To replicate this journey I propose drilling holes in all four dampers on my return home
Unpleasant is not the word it's worse
Brian
London to Newcastle by train, now there's a challenge for our times, and on a Sunday! gets even more interesting ( traditionally associated with high tech line maintenance work, like clearing leaves and the like, in any case which member of the family did you have to sell into slavery to be able to afford the ticket!!,
we should have one of the best rail services in the world, we do not sadly, instead we have a poor quality, expensive, slow, dirty, and generally not fit for purpose service anywhere in the world, I must admit I feel for you Brian, you are much more brave than me.
You want to see trains go to Japan, you will think you are in a different universe, they even apologise, if a train departs more than 10 secs early, and they have been doing it since the Tokyo Olympics, that was 1964.!!
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote