View Single Post
Old 20th July 2019, 08:19   #31
Blink
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
I think you may have been answered already in this thread, but approx. 86mm inc the curved lip? Not sure the curved lip is that important if you get strong enough (thick gauge) material cut to shape, though.

Re the other washers (RYF000170), I don't think these are necessary on cars with the "dynamic dampers" at the bottom of the shocks, as the head of the flanged bolts are the full of the openings. These dampers were introduced sometime in 2002, I believe (as part of a Project Drive deletion of sound proofing in the rear parcel shelf) and act as a washer in and of themselves..?

I'd have thought that any stainless penny washers of near size would suit, however, if found to be absolutely necessary? I'm going to try without - looks a simple enough addition if needed later.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=240949
(see post 3 for a pic of a shock without one of these dampers at the trailing arm).

+ a couple of my own photos attached for reference..

Cheers,
Karl.
Thanks for the pics.

My dampers do have washers so they can't be 'dynamic' (odd word for MGR to use, aren't all dampers dynamic by nature ).

Edit: I just looked it up and apparently, dynamic dampers "reduce or eliminate the vibration of a harmonically excited system."

Last edited by Blink; 20th July 2019 at 08:22..
Blink is offline   Reply With Quote