View Single Post
Old 11th June 2021, 07:15   #28
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Thanks for this, but your comment makes it sound like we struggle to live, (or struggled). For the most part and most areas life was quite normal. There were some things that were or could be considered as being 'different' (fortified police stations, or random check points for cars and vans as exqmples) but on the whole it was and still is a relatively normal place to live.

When people come here (more so in the 80s and 90s) the comments I hear are 'it's so different to what imagined'. They imagine(d) a literal war zone. There were some 'occurrences' of course, but there were and are more bomb scares in NYC than here! I just want people to know how beautiful, normal and actually safer a place it is to visit than even london, or Manchester.

I know it isn't relevant to the topic, but macafees comment concerned me. Besides we want more tourists, they can bring sausages that we dont need. (Seriously, search for the companies denny and cookstown lol). As well as this, when tourism resumes, they will go to the south as well or vice versa, and that will prove the issue of borders.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
I am one of these that always imagined it as a war zone as that is all I recall from the news. I am sorry if I caused offence as none was meant. It was more concern for peoples well being.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote