View Single Post
Old 11th June 2021, 11:05   #30
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I am one of these that always imagined it as a war zone as that is all I recall from the news. I am sorry if I caused offence as none was meant. It was more concern for peoples well being.

macafee2
Dont worry, I knew no offence was meant nor was it taken. I am always saddened though that people thought/think like this. Whilst there were incidents, on most day to day life, for most people, it was no different to mainland life. 99% of the population too, did not want involved in any of the violence either.

As a result, visitors stayed away, watching the news instead. In reality, a beautiful country was left unseen - think Scotland, but more concentrated and accessible (imagine standing in any town and city, and in at least one direction being able to see some form of natural greenery, mountains or the sea).

I would also bet too, that Israel and Palestine on the most part is s a beautiful and 'normal' place. But we see it as a war zone, with fear in the eyes of citizens going about their daily lives.

THIS, now is the reality of life here, and has been since the mid 80s. (the Carrick in my location refers to Carrickfergus). But again these stories are rare in themselves, but are typical of any trouble that occurs. But if you read about the story, it is no different to any town or city where drugs gangs exist. (THIS gives a bit of background of the gang and their development into a criminal gang). Again this is not relevant to the OP, but I hope it gives a realisation that we are no different to any other country.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote